Sigma Psi Zeta – Helping Other People Excel
From the Sorority’s inception, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated has long demonstrated an interest in serving the needs of the community. Spanning the Sorority’s nearly thirty-year partnership with the March of Dimes to its relationship with the Human Genome Project, Zeta Phi Beta has been at the forefront of anticipating the ever-changing needs of society.
Sigma Psi Zeta Chapter has embraced the sorority’s interactive, holistic and multidimensional outreach service initiative, Zetas- Helping Other People Excel (Z-HOPE), which has been designed to enhance, cultivate and empower participants to develop health promoting lifestyle choices across the lifespan.
Z-HOPE is an outreach service program that has six primary objectives.
The primary objectives are:
• To provide culturally appropriate informational activities according to the Z-HOPE program format
• To foster collaborative partnerships between community organizations with shared goals
• To promote the opportunities for expansion in Stork’s Nest programs
• To facilitate community service and mentorship opportunities for members of the organization
• To provide an equitable chapter recognition program for community services rendered
• To provide a standard reporting format to concentrate efforts and demonstrate the organization’s impact